Because we are only a two-person operation, we can only take so many animals in at a time. We will eventually need a network of people or families who can foster pets until they are successfully matched with a forever home. We expect foster homes to treat their temporary pets as if they were your own. Foster homes are responsible for feeding, exercising, basic training, socializing, loving, networking, transporting to and from the vet, and whatever else your foster pet may need at the time. We will provide all foster homes with food, a dog bed, a crate, and some chew toys. We will also cover all veterinary costs. You just help get your foster pet ready for their forever homes!
- In Fresno County.
- Approval from your landlord if you rent. We will ask for their contact information to verify.
- An adequate fence in your backyard.
- Current pets must have no bite history and be spayed, neutered, up to date on vaccines, and socialized with other dogs very well.
- Breed or species experience.
- No upcoming moves, vacations, or events that may suddenly not allow you to foster anymore.
- Have a schedule flexible enough that will allow you to take your foster to and from vet appointments and meet and greets.
A foster pet may need a temporary home for as short as a week or as long as several months. We cannot say how long it will take for each animal to find a forever home. We know this uncertainty can be intimidating to a lot of people who are interested in fostering. We will do everything in our power to network the animals available for adoption, vet all applicants thoroughly, and advocate for your foster pet's best interest. We also suggest fostering for those who are interested in adopting, but don't want to make that commitment before spending quality time with the animal. That way, if you don't think that your foster pet would be happiest with you in the long run, you can still do your part to help find them the best home.
not in fresno county?
Finding a rescue or shelter near you is just a Google search away. We encourage you to lend a helping hand to the animals in your area!